Freitag, 6. Juni 2014

Kylemore Abbey

As some of you might know I'm currently staying in Ireland (in Galway until the 9th June and then I'll travel around until the 16th June)

Today my Mom and I did a bustour to Connemara with Kylemore Abbey as a highlight. The weather was horrible cold, windy and rainy but I'm so glad I did this tour because Kylemore Abbey is really impressiv!

About Kylemore Abby:



The castle was built in 1867 by the english man Mitchell Henry after his honeymoon in Ireland when he and his wife fell in love with the place where they built the castle.
After his wife died he built a small church for her. Then he sold the castle to the Duke and Duchess of Manchester (1903). They only stayed in the castle for a few years but changed a lot of the beautiful inside.
Nowadays the castle is a big tourist attraction and Benedictine nuns now live there after the castle was a girl boarding school for many years.

If you want to know more about the castle click here

If you have any more questions feel free to ask

And as always,
Travel well!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen