Dienstag, 19. Mai 2015

Rheinsteig, Germany

Long time, no see. Or better: no read. I am so so sorry. Somehow I totally forgot to write blogposts because everything was really stressful the last few month. I am visiting a new school and I am preparing for my leaving cert so I hope you understand but from now on I will try to post more often! I promise!

Now back to the real topic of this blogpost: I did it! I did my first "long" distance hike. Together with my boyfriend I travelled to Kestert which is in Germany at the river Rhine. From there we hiked to St Goarshausen. It was a 12,5 k hike which might seem very easy but it still was very exhausting because of the mountains we had to go up and down.

The landscape was really beautiful and we enjoyed the hike a lot. After ca 4 hours we arrived in St Goarshausen and had to take the ferry to the other side of the river to St Goar where our hotel was. It was a very cute little hotel right next to the ferry docks. In the evening we got Schnitzel for dinner in a very good restaurant just a few metres from our hotel,




The next day we started from St Goarshausen and hiked 21,3 k to Kaub. The hike was even more exhausting but we had great views of the valley with the river and lots of castles.











That tour and the one from our first day aswell are part of the Rheinsteig. A 320 km long hikingtrail that connects the cities Bonn and Wiesbaden. I can totally recommend this trail, every few metres are signs so you cannot get lost and there are lots of huts where you can rest.

All in all it was a great trip and we will soon visit the Rheinsteig again to hike other tours.

As always,
Travel well

*Backpack: Vaude (Maremma 36l)
  Cap: Columbus
  Boots: Meindl

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen