Freitag, 16. Mai 2014

Your life in a bag

As you might now I'm an exchange student at the moment and because I'm going home in less than 20 days I'm facing a huge problem: My luggage!

How will I get all my stuff back home?

And because that's not just a problem that exchange students have but everyone who goes on holiday by plane I thought I could share my experience with you.

What I'm going to say might seem a little bit obvious but in some situations you just dont think of it.

1. Do I really need this? It's not going to be very cold: Do I really need this second jacket? No you don't!What about if there is a party where I can wear this shoes? If there really is a party you could still go to Penneys or somewhere else and buy shoes for 3 Euro!
Only pack stuff you definetly need. "Maybes" just make your suitcase heavier!

2. Am I going with a second person? Can we share stuff? Do you really need 5 bottles of shampoo if you are together with your friends/family? Talk to the people you are travelling with and make sure you don't all bring the same stuff.

3. Write a packing list. If you write down what you are definetly going to need it's less likely that you pack two more pairs of socks/another t-shirt/another hoodie "Just in case"

If you follow these tipps it should be easier to keep the weight of your luggage down. Also a very light suitcase helps. Maybe you should pay attention to that if you buy a new one.

What are your tricks to pack your luggage? Let me know!

And as always,
Travel well.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen